One on one with nature
We also hold a 4 LEAVES certification from: Certification for Sustainable Tourism in Costa Rica. This is a product of the Costa Rican Tourism Board (ICT).
The CST was designed to differentiate businesses of the tourism sector, that comply with a sustainable model of natural, cultural and social resource management.
Perhaps one of the most important features of our houses is the integration with the environment, including to name a few:
- The Lodge is located within Wild-Life Refugees
- Roofs are made from recycled materials
- Bamboo incorporated into walls for structural and decorative purposes
- Solar heating on all houses
- Solar electricity
- Residual treatment plants
- Usage of wood from fallen trees
- Natural oil basedpaints
Here is some more information to learn more about our sustainable lifestyle:
- Sustainability plan and politics
- Sociocultural and Ecological Information
- Tree House Activities
- Costa Rica National Parks and Protected Areas
- Indigenous Reserves
- Appropriate behavior during the Iguana Tour
- Bio Caribe Sustainable Residential
A Real Tree House
As an example the Tree House has been entirely built of sustainable woods. All the hard woods used on the Tree House were obtained out of fallen trees. We did not cut any alive tree to build the Tree House.
Most of the time these trees we find very deep in the jungle. To get them out we cut them on location in the desired sizes. After that we pull the wood out with oxes. Many times it took several weeks to get our wood out of the jungle before we could build.